Klik Social Media Optimization Campaign Plan
Do You Need Social Media Optimization Marketing?
It is particularly vital for your businesses to use social media channels for online marketing and branding. While it is a powerful strategy that will get you links, attention and increased website traffic, the real key is that you begin a conversation with your audience. One of the greatest benefits of a properly managed social media campaign is the sense of community it will create for your marketing. Through online word of mouth, you will gain new customers and a sense of trust between your company and existing customers.
The amount of time that online users spend conversing on social sites makes a social media campaign a must for any competitive business. Some social media websites that we use on a regular basis are:
There are hundreds of other Social Media websites, but they don’t generate nearly the level of traffic. We also target industry-specific social media websites.
Social media is essential to meet your goals for a number of reasons:
- Social media will drive primary and secondary traffic to your website. (Primary traffic is the large amount of visitors who come directly from social media websites. Secondary traffic is referral traffic from websites which link to your website and send you visitors, after they come across your content through the social sites.)
- Social media can create a number of links to your sites. Becoming popular on social news websites like Digg or Reddit will get you a large number of links, some of which may be topically relevant, some not. A good story can realistically acquire a large number of high quality editorial links, most of which cannot be easily bought.
- This is an extremely cost-effective way to drive traffic to your site. You must invest a lot of time in a social media campaign, but the benefits far outweigh the cost.
The Klik Marketing Social Media Approach
Our social media initiative outline:
- Increase your link juice. Link-building ties directly to the external approach for search engine optimization.
- Register your website on a multitude of social media websites to grow your “online real estate.” There are over 300 of these sites that should be secured immediately.
- Make tagging and bookmarking easy. Adding content features like Facebook and other quick buttons and widgets are one way to make the process of tagging pages easier.
- Reward inbound links. Often used as a barometer for a blog’s success, inbound links are paramount to ranking higher in search results pages. To encourage more of them, we need to make it easy and provide clear rewards.
- Increase the fluidity of your content. Create portable content that can easily travel through the web (such as PDFs, video files and audio files) and submit it to relevant sites. This will drive links back to your site.
- Create a YouTube “Buzz.” Make a company page and start adding testimonials, FAQs and videos. We then use the principles in step #5 to submit your video and help it travel!
- Encourage the mash-up. In a world of co-creation, it pays to be open about letting others use your content (within reason). Syndicating your content through RSS also makes it easy for others to create mash ups that can drive traffic and augment your content.
- Add Outbound Links, Even If It Doesn’t Provide Immediate Results – Add value to users through including outbound links to areas that could help them with their goals and purposes. This also works towards creating a sense of community.
- Reward Helpful and Valuable Users – Often helpful or popular users will be influencers and champions within your social website. We will devise ways to elevate them by promoting their works on the homepage, or develop a rating system.
- Join the conversation. Social Media is a two way street – it’s your way to interact with your audience and hear what is relevant to them. By conversing with the community you are creating awareness and prolonging your buzz.
- Know How to Target Your Audience. Thanks to the analytics capabilities incorporated into your website, we will be able to collect valuable info and determine your key audience.
- Create Content. There are certain kinds of content that just naturally spread socially. Our in-house journalists and media gurus will focus on creating the types of content that will spread virally. 1% of those involved with social media are creating content, 10% will enrich that content and 90% will consume it. That’s a lot of influence wielded by content creators and those that re-blog and mash up.
- Stay Fresh. Social Media is changing and morphing by the minute. Klik makes sure to keep up on new tools, products and challenges within the social sphere.
- Tag! Tag! Tag! – Help existing content become more meaningful to others by tagging images, videos and other multi- media resources posted by others with relevant keywords. Instead of simply cheering up or complimenting someone for sharing a valuable media object, go and tag it with relevant, descriptive words providing a valuable, though discrete but tangible contribution to everyone.
- Share Really Valuable Stuff. When sharing news, links or media objects on preferred social media outlets, whether on Twitter or Facebook, we focus where it counts. First and foremost, we will share things of great value with your social community. We will chat, provide feedback, compliment and congratulate when appropriate.
- Get involved with your Niche Market where your potential customers like to hang out online. Remember, this is all about conversing with those already interested or who will have a natural inclination towards being interested in your business! We will participate in forums and message boards relevant to your target market.
If you live in Charlotte, NC or the surrounding area and would like to meet with a SEO specialist please contact us here. If you would like to get a quote for SEO / Internet Marketing services please click here.