BRAND LESSONS: Grammy Awards 2011: Creating Events Like You Would A Wedding by James Andrews
A successful integrated event has a story arc and build up similar to a wedding. How do you combine blogging partners, influencer networks, social media and analytics to create a winning program? This workshop uncovers the 2011 Grammy Awards and how Social People developed a “Crescendo” like approach using social media and influencer to propel this year’s award show in the most successful in last 10 years.
How to use an event to create an awesome social media experience.
Need to find “niche” bloggers. Each blogger would cover the event based on their point of view. The bloggers should have their own followers. Bloggers area treated as professionals and have open access.
The key is the events before the event. Need to create conversations before the event around certain themes.
Take your event live
- Live Video can drive social conversations around your event.
- The online community can integrate with the offline community.
- Not all live video is interesting so think about “producing” content.
- Does your live event need an event curator?
- Plan your tech needs in advance.
- Live content requires promotion (pre/during)
- Monitoring the conversation in real time is important.
- Planning your listening game plan and strategy
- Customized “Listening Dashboard”
- Co-Moderation Rights
- Crisis / Real Time Response Planning
- Creating signage around proper hashtag to use
- Encourage “Check-In” Behavior
- Designated Areas for Bloggers
- Upload / Social Update Stations
- Real-Time Outreach
Sharing the Data Post-Event
- Get the information socialized in a timely fashion.
- Find which analytics are important to the organization.
- Create a “teachable” moment via data findings.
- Is there a PR story around the analytics?